Roasted Garlic Pickles
- 2 pounds Kirby cucumbers, sliced with ends removed
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Laguna Salt Roasted Garlic Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced in halves (2 cloves per jar)
- 3 spicy peppers, sliced in halves (one per jar or use 1/4 dried pepper flakes per jar)
- several fresh dill seeds and flowers (or 1 teaspoon dried dill seed per jar)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper corns (1/2 teaspoon per jar)
- 3 bay leaves (one per jar)
- 3 medium-sized or pint Mason jars
- Wash and slice the cucumbers into quarters or halves, depending upon the size and your preference. Cut off the blossom end of each cucumber.
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar, water, sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat.
- Add spices to each jar. Squeeze the cucumbers in as tightly as possible, without damaging them.
- Pour the brine liquid into each jar and leave about 1/2 inch head-space at the top of the jar.
- Tap the jars carefully to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Cover with lids and let cool. Once the jars are cool, place them in the refrigerator and let them sit for at least two days before you enjoy them.