Tuscan Rosemary Sea Salt Pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp Laguna Salt’s Tuscan Rosemary sea salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2oz melted butter
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- Olive oil, for brushing
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix together water, sugar, salt and yeast; let sit for 5 minutes until frothy. Using the dough hook, add the flour and butter, mixing on low speed until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place for about an hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 18-inch rope, then shape into pretzels.
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Bring the water and baking soda to a boil in a pot.
- Using a flat spatula, drop the pretzels into the boiling water and boil for 30 seconds. Depending on the size of your pot you may need to boil one at a time. Remove pretzels from the water, drain and place on the baking sheets. Brush the top of each pretzel with olive oil and sprinkle with Tuscan Rosemary sea salt.
- Bake until golden and puffed, 12-14 minutes. Serve warm.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.