Toasted Onion Potato Skin Pizza
- Baked Potato Skins
- 4 Medium Size Russet Potatoes, scrubbed
- Olive Oil
- Laguna Salt Toasted Onion Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Thick Pasta Sauce
- About 1 1/2 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 16 Slices of Pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Baked Potato Skins:Place the potatoes on a large baking tray. Bake the potatoes for 40 to 50 minutes, or until softened. Remove from the oven and let the potatoes cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out leaving about 1/4 inch of the potato skin.
Brush the potato inside out with olive oil and season with Toasted Onion Sea Salt. Then bake in the oven for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side until they are crisp. Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Fill about 2 Tbsp of pasta or pizza sauce, top-up with mozzarella cheese (and pepperoni).
Place the potato skins on a baking sheet, and bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted. Serve warm or at room temperature.